SafeWalk is a student-run, university-sponsored organization whose mission is to provide safe travel alternatives for UNC-Chapel Hill students at night. If requested, a pair of trained students employed by UNC Police will walk with you to your desired destination.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I request a SafeWalk?
- You have 3 options:
- Call 919-962-SAFE(7233)
- Approach a SafeWalk team at various places on campus including the Undergraduate Library, Davis Library or the Student Union.
- Make a reservation on the SafeWalk website.
- When does SafeWalk operate?
- Sunday – Thursday: 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.
- Which locations does SafeWalk serve?
- SafeWalk serves all on-campus locations and a majority of off-campus locations such as Granville, Greek housing, Franklin Street, MLK Blvd., Mill Creek Apartments, Townhouse Apartments, Rosemary Street, Cameron Avenue, McCauley Street, and many more. Call us if you are unsure if your area is covered.
- Does SafeWalk cost anything?
- SafeWalk is FREE for all University students, faculty, and staff members.